Friday, January 6, 2012

Tally Ho!

Hello All!

Wow, been a little while since I have had this up and running, eh?  Well, here we go! Today is the first official day of residency. The welcome starts in just under an hour and everyone is pretty excited :)

I am staying at the Rivertide Suites with my roommate from last year. She and I are in a two bedroom suite with a kitchen, a living room, two bathrooms, a balcony, and even a washer and dryer. I was not expecting that. I'd heard it was nice, but I still can't get over just how nice. They also gave me five pillows. Who on earth uses five pillows? They're even fluffy pillows. Although, they weren't as comfy as the pillow I brought from home (But then, are they ever?)

The staff also informed us that not only do they have a rather nice continental breakfast in the morning (bagels, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, cereal, coffee, juice, fruit, who-knows-what-else), they serve soda, snacks, beer, and wine down in the lobby every evening from five to six.

Last night was the dinner for all the students to get together, meet the new students, and say hi. That was fun :) Although, the group I was with got there a little early when the new students and the people who had been communicating with them to get them ready for residency were in there introducing themselves. I got up and sneaked back out because they were having everyone give their name, genre, place they're from, etc. I felt bad about being that early anyway, and I don't always enjoy those sorts of introductions. So one of the other ladies and I slipped out and sat on the staircase until they were done. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm ridiculous.

I'd better skedaddle. Several of us have decided to walk between the hotels instead of taking the shuttles. See you all soon.

~Hannah Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment